Grilled Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Go from grill to table in 20 minutes with this family fave.
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried chives
- cooking spray
- 1 (12-inch) whole wheat thin-crust pizza crust
- ½ cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- ½ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ¼ cup barbecue sauce, chicken and chives, stirring well to mix. Set aside.
- Prepare the grill to medium heat. Coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place the pizza crust, top side down, on the grill. Grill for 3 minutes. Flip crust, grill-mark side up. Spread with remaining ½ cup barbecue sauce.
- Top sauce with Gouda cheese, chicken mixture, mozzarella and dried cilantro. Cover; grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust is lightly browned.
- Look for packages of oven-roasted or grilled diced chicken breast in your meat department or deli, or pick up a rotisserie chicken;the whole breast portion yields the 2 cups of cooked chicken needed for this recipe.
- Find ready-made pizza crusts in the bakery or dairy section of your market.
- Smoked cheddar, Swiss, or Provolone offer similar results to the smoked Gouda. Or substitute your favorite cheeses;it's all good!
- Find freeze-dried chives and dried cilantro with the other dried spices in your market. Keep the bright green herbs as pantry stock; they instantly rehydrate, enhancing the flavor and presentation of your dish.
- Serve slices with a simply dressed side salad to round out the meal.