Greek Turkey Breast
Using a slow cooker is a great way to avoid drying out a turkey breast. (It's also a great way to avoid spending hours in the kitchen!)
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur
- 3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) turkey breast
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In the bottom of a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker, add the bulgur, lemon juice, oregano, pepper, onion, garlic, and broth, stirring well to mix.
- Add the turkey breast and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the turkey breast and add the olives and cheese to the bulgur, stirring well to mix. Slice the turkey breast and serve with the bulgur.
- Tiny taste buds may not care for the olives or feta. Just dish out the kid portions before you add those ingredients.