Chicken Breasts with Honey Grapefruit Glaze
This recipes is sweet and sparkling--two qualities we love in both chicken and close friends.
- ½ cup grapefruit juice, plus ¼ cup for serving
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- Coat the grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the chicken, stirring well to mix.
- When grill is ready, grill chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness, brushing frequently with the grapefruit glaze. Transfer to a serving plate.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the grapefruit glaze plus additional grapefruit juice to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour glaze over grilled chicken and serve.
- Serve it with winter squash or sweet potatoes to balance the flavors.
- Grapefruit juice from a carton is quick and easy, but the flavor improves if you use fresh grapefruit. If using fresh, go the extra yard and grate some fresh grapefruit zest from ½ grapefruit (about 1 teaspoon) into the glaze for a delightfully bitter edge to the sweet-tart glaze. Top the finished dish with some grapefruit segments for a beautiful presentation and taste.
- Not a fan of grapefruit? Sub in your fave citrus fruits, like oranges, lemons, limes, or a combination.