Grilled Thai Chicken Thighs
Marinate this delicious Thai dish overnight and make tomorrow's meal planning a thing of the past.
- ½ cup mango chutney
- ⅓ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup soy sauce or tamari
- ½ teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs, about 12 to 14 pieces
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a blender container and blend until the marinade is smooth.
- Transfer the marinade to a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken thighs; turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- When ready to cook, prepare the grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken on hot grill and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Depending on your preference, boneless and skinless chicken breasts or peeled and deveined shrimp work equally well in this recipe. Simply adjust the grilling time appropriately for desired doneness.
- If you are serving a smaller crowd, by all means make the entire recipe through step 2. Place half of the uncooked portion in a plastic freezer bag and bank it in the freezer for the future. When you are ready to enjoy it again, defrost the marinated chicken in the refrigerator overnight and proceed with steps 3 and 4.