Omelette, schmomelette. Mix it up today and try this traditional Tex-Mex breakfast dish for a new, quick and nutritious approach to eggs.
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- ½ cup Colby or cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced (you can use canned!)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 jalapeño or chipotle pepper, finely chopped
- Heat a large skillet and cook the chopped onion, peppers, tomato and cilantro until onion is clear and peppers are soft.
- In a bowl, scramble eggs with the milk; salt and pepper to taste.
- When the veggies are done, remove them from the skillet and put into a bowl, then pour your eggs onto the skillet and add the chips and cheese.
- When your eggs are almost done, add the veggies back to the skillet and stir together. Serve immediately.
- Feel free to use canned tomatoes and/or jalapeños, but drain them well before cooking.