Salmon "Burger" With Blue Cheese Drizzle
While your partner may think otherwise, burger doesn't always have to mean beef. This salmon version is low-fat, high-protein and rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 15-ounce can salmon, drained
- ¾ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup sweet onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- ⅓ cup green pepper, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup low-fat blue cheese salad dressing
- Combine all ingredients (except salad dressing) in mixing bowl.
- Roll mixture into 6 balls and place on cookie sheet covered with waxed paper.
- Using a fork, gently press balls into 3-inch patties, then freeze (still on cookie sheet) for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray, place half-frozen patties on it, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter, drizzle with low-fat blue cheese salad dressing and serve immediately.
- Think ahead: Double the recipe and store extra frozen patties in a large Ziploc bag for future use.