Turkey Kielbasa, Chicken and Rice
This is a no fuss, no muss... no leftovers kinda dish!
- 1 (15¼-oz) can chicken broth
- 8 oz turkey kielbasa -- cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 cups long-grain parboiled rice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz boneless and skinless chicken thighs -- cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped peppers and onion
- ½ (7-oz) jar sliced salad olives -- (stuffed green olives)
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- In the bottom of a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the broth and kielbasa to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil and add chicken pieces, cooking for about 2 to 3 minutes until browned.
- Add peppers and onion, cooking for about 4 minutes. Stir in olives and garlic, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Add kielbasa and rice mixture to the chicken mixture, stirring well to mix. Heat through for about 1 minute and serve.
- Turkey kielbasa is found in the cooked meats section of your supermarket. There are several varieties to choose from.