This chunky, meatless marinara is yummy enough to turn even meat-lovers into tofu-tasters.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen chopped bell pepper
- 1 8-ounce package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 16-ounce container extra-firm tofu, rinsed and drained, and cut into 1-inch cubes or crumbled with your hand
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce jar prepared pasta sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
- Add the onion, pepper and mushrooms and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tofu and salt; continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the pasta sauce, stirring well to mix.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, stirring well to mix.
- This dish stands well on its own next to a tossed salad, or try it generously spooned over pasta, rice or a baked potato. Delish!