When the season's sweet treats get to be too much, give the kids a couple of these savory "cookies." They're a great switch from all the junk food--and for grownups, they go great with a nice glass of red, too!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bow, stirring until completely combined and a dough forms.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool.