This African-inspired peanut soup is a great addition to your holiday table. Plus, you already know your kids will eat peanut butter, so they might even be willing to give it a try!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add onion and carrots and cook about 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except peanut butter, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 30 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth, remove from heat and serve.