Super-Easy Peppermint Sugar Cookies
A classic holiday taste, without the sticky mess!
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened for 15 minutes
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, break up cookie dough and stir in crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate mixed dough for about 15 minutes. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, just until the edges are set and the centers still appear soft.
- Cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To crush the candy canes, remove any outer wrapper and place into a resealable plastic bag. Use a rolling pin, or similar object, and whack the candy canes, working out all your holiday stress in the process!