Sweet Potato Casserole
This is one of our family favorites! It is the absolute best sweet potato casserole we have tasted so far!!
- 2½ cups fresh sweet potatoes, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup oleo, butter, or margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans
- 2½ tsp oleo, butter, or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the grated sweet potatoes, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla, ¼ cup Oleo, butter, or margarine and salt. Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish (I use aluminum for easy clean-up). The mixture will be very runny.
- Topping: Mix together flour, brown sugar, pecans and 2½ tsp of Oleo, butter, or margarine. Crumble over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Make sure the casserole has set before removing from oven.