Italian Pork Chops
All hail the fabulous slow cooker! If you haven't used yours lately, here's the perfect excuse to dust it off.
- 1 (8-oz) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 lean pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 (26-oz) jar prepared pasta sauce
- In the bottom of a three and a half-quart or larger slow cooker, place the mushrooms, onions, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add pork chops.
- Pour pasta sauce over the pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
- If you want to further enhance the flavor of the dish, try browning the pork chops for two minutes on each side in just one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat before adding them to the pot. Either way, the pork will be very tender.