Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp and Asparagus
This colorful classic comes together in a flash with minimal mess.
- ½ (16-oz) box angel hair pasta
- ½ lb thin asparagus, woody stems removed, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ cup fresh basil, snipped into strips with scissors
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the angel hair pasta according to package directions.
- During last 5 minutes of cooking, add asparagus to pasta, stirring well. During final 2 minutes of cooking, add the shrimp and cook until they just turn pink.
- Drain the pasta, asparagus, and shrimp, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, tossing well to mix.
- Top with Parmesan cheese is desired.
- To prepare the basil, wash and dry the leaves, stack them on top of each other, fold or roll the stack, and snip into thin strips with sharp scissors.