Tortellini in a Ricotta-Mozzarella Sauce
This tasty pasta dish uses three cheeses for triple the flavor.
- 1 (9-oz) package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup lowfat milk
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, stir together the ricotta cheese and milk, stirring well to mix.
- Add the mozzarella and ½ of the Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil and stir.
- Add the tortellini into the sauce and stir over low heat until well combined. Serve with the remaining Parmesan.