Imagine your favorite seven-layer dip served up on a pizza crust. Now imagine whipping it up in about 20 minutes. It's a little bit like a dream come true, isn't it?
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12-inch) whole wheat thin-crust pizza crust
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- ¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Guacamole (optional)
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Ripe olives, sliced (optional)
- Green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place the pizza crust on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread crust evenly with refried beans, then with salsa. Top with corn.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro, then bake 2 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
- Set out a buffet of "taco" toppers like shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, reduced-fat sour cream, sliced ripe olives and thinly sliced scallions so everyone can customize an individual slice or create a Mexican-inspired side salad.
- Look for ready-made pizza crusts in the bakery or dairy section of your market.
- Check out our Hispanic Heritage page for even more Hispanic Heritage content.