We're pretty sure "strata" comes from the Latin root for "mmmm-mmmm good."
- 2 ½ cups low-fat milk
- 5 omega-3 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine eggs and milk in large bowl; set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; lay bread in a single layer on bottom of dish.
- Pour egg/milk mixture over bread; top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or as a cold snack later in the day.
- Serve with your favorite fruit for a fully balanced way to start the day.