Citrus Basil Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders get a makeover - and the "reveal" happens in your very own kitchen!
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Juice of 1 orange and ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Place chicken tenders in a large Ziploc bag.
- Reserve ½ cup marinade.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Grill chicken over medium heat. Marinate with reserved marinade until cooked through.
- Serve with brown rice and a tossed salad for a complete and healthy meal.