Chicken Fajita Grilled Pizza
Love fajitas but hate freaking out that your kid's gonna get too close to that sizzling hot plate? Try this less accident-prone, pizza version instead!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large poblano or medium green bell peppers
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crusts
- 1 jar (1 lb 10 oz) Ragú® Old World Style® Sweet Tomato Basil Smooth Pasta Sauce
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Lightly coat chicken and onion with oil, then season, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill chicken, onion and peppers, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender. Don't be alarmed when the peppers turn black while grilling. The skin will easily peel or slip off after cooling. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil; let stand 5 minutes, then remove skin and thinly slice. Thinly slice chicken; set aside.
- Grill top side of pizza crusts about 1 minute; remove from grill. Evenly spread pizzas with Pasta Sauce, then evenly top with chicken, vegetables and cheese. Grill pizzas, covered, until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve, if desired, with additional heated Sauce and diced avocado.