Tomato Basil Goldfish Cracker Soup
You won't have to fish for compliments when you serve this healthy and yummy end-of-week soup.
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (32-oz) container vegetable broth
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup orzo
- 2 tbsp prepared pesto with basil
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 cup goldfish crackers, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided, optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add crushed tomatoes, broth, garlic, salt, and pepper, stirring well to mix. Bring to a boil.
- Add orzo, reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent orzo from sticking, until orzo is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add pesto with basil, stirring well to mix. Stir in cream.
- Top individual servings with goldfish crackers and Cheddar cheese, if desired.