Southwestern Turkey Sloppy Joes
Pass out the bibs before you serve up this southwest seasoned classic.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (4-oz) can chopped green chiles, drained
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 whole wheat buns
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey, garlic powder and onion powder, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, until turkey is browned and cooked through. Drain any liquid from the skillet.
- Add barbecue sauce, chopped green chiles, and corn, stirring well to mix. Bring to a bubble, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Toast the buns under the broiler, if desired. Divide sloppy joe mixture among the four buns.
- Serve these with Baked Chunky Fries.