Cold Bean and Artichoke Salad
Easy-peasy and protein-packed. What more can you ask of a salad?
- 1 (15-oz) can Great Northern beans or other white beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14-oz) can artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 1 (14½-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp bottled minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients, stirring well to mix.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or preferably one day, before serving.
- Serve over a bed of leaf lettuce for lunch or as a light supper. (Note: the leftovers taste even better.)
- This recipe doubles and triples easily and is a great choice for "toting."