Chicken BLT Pasta Salad
Your kid loves to dress up as a fireman. Your favorite sandwich loves to dress up as a bacon-y pasta salad. It's all good.
- ½ (16-oz) box pasta (whatever kind you have on hand!)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, breast meat diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8-oz) package shredded lettuce
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- ½ cup bacon bits
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fat free Italian dressing
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the bow tie pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse thoroughly with cold water to chill, and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing well to mix.
- Look for bags of shredded lettuce in the bagged salad section of the produce department. If you are shredding your own, it works best to purchase a bag of "hearts of romaine", wash the leaves and dry with paper towels. Then stack the leaves on top of each other and slice through the stack into thin strips.