Chinese Chicken Salad
Crispy, crunchy and colorful, this is a substantial main-dish salad.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 small savoy or napa cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 oz snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, including 3 inches of the green part of the onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- In a large serving bowl, combine chicken, cabbage, snow peas, green onions, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- In a blender or food processor, blend or process all dressing ingredients for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Toss the salad with half of the dressing. Pass extra dressing.
- The salad tastes even better chilled, so if you have time, consider making it earlier in the day.