Kid-Pleasing Cobb Salad
Think outside "eating your greens." This kiddie Cobb salad has more colors (and hidden vitamins!) than your kids' last spin-art project.
- Salad greens
- Kidney Beans
- Avocado, cubed
- Hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Cooked chicken, ham or turkey, cubed
- Broccoli, chopped
- Tomato, diced
- Cheese, cubed
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Place all ingredients (except the greens and bacon bits) into separate bowls.
- Spread a large handful (or two) of salad greens across a plate.
- Let your kid "decorate" the plate with the rest of the ingredients. You can make stripes, funny faces, circles, a rainbow, etc.
- Top with a small amount of bacon bits and salad dressing.
- Encourage your kids to use as many different colors as possible. While they're "decorating" discuss how each different color gives their bodies a different vitamin or mineral they need.