Summer Shrimp Salad
A light summer salad that's perfect as a cool entree or a special picnic feast.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp bottled, or fresh squeezed, lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 (10-oz) bags pre-washed packaged salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- ⅓ cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp, stirring well to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink, about 3 minutes. Remove to a large serving bowl.
- To the shrimp, add the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. Pour dressing over the salad, tossing gently.