Turkey and Pasta Salad
Need a lunchbox recipe that the kids won't dump in the trash? Try this tasty turkey pasta salad.
- 2 oz pasta shapes
- ¼ pound turkey or chicken breast fillet, cooked and chopped
- ½ small avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped (optional)
- 2/3 cup canned or frozen sweet corn
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped, or 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cook the pasta in boiling, lightly salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Put the chopped turkey, avocado (if using), sweet corn, tomatoes and green onions into a bowl together with the drained pasta and toss with the dressing.