Rocky Road Brownies
It may look like cow dung, but this family-favorite dessert is nothing but chocolaty, nutty, gooey greatness.
- 1 (13" x 9") pan size boxed brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg, water, and applesauce, stirring well until just mixed. Do not over-stir.
- Add the chocolate chips, walnuts, and marshmallows, stirring well until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, and bake for 24 to 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted an inch from the edge of the pan comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan until firm. Cut into 24 bars.
- Simply follow the directions on the box for a low-fat version made with applesauce - you won't miss the fat or the calories! The rich additions boost the flavor over the top.
- If you stock the single-serve cups of applesauce in your pantry, just empty one into the batter in place of measuring the ⅓ cup.