Cacciatore Style Chicken Thighs
Quick and easy cacciatore? That's what we call amore!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled chopped garlic
- 1 (1½- to 2-pound) package boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- In a large deep skillet with a lid, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken thighs and brown on all sides for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, if using, or chicken broth, then the tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Reduce heat to low, cover; about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- The extra step of browning the chicken thighs gives this recipe a real boost in flavor. It's worth those 5 extra minutes at the stove!