Fish With Tarragon Tomato Sauce
Looking for a way to serve fish besides in stick form? Check out this easy, elegant recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled chopped garlic
- 1 14 ½-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh fish fillets, such as cod, haddock or salmon
- In a large, deep skillet with a cover, over medium-high heat, melt the butter or margarine.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for four to five minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the fish, stirring well to mix.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add fish fillets, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.