Flaxseed Beer Bread
Beer makes this quick bread simple to whip up, while flaxseed adds omega-3 fatty acids. And don't worry about giving the kids beer bread--any alcohol will cook out in the baking.
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large can (16 ounces) dark beer
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir first six ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add beer and stir well.
- Place batter (it will be thick) into a greased large loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.