Tomato Basil Soup
Kick up the canned soup with these easy additions. (And when they ask if it's from scratch, just bat your lashes and smile.)
- 1 10-ounce can condensed low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 14-ounce can sweet onion diced tomatoes
- 1 soup can low-fat/skim milk
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on a medium speed for about 1 minute until all the ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Pour into a medium-sized saucepan and heat on medium.
- Stir and cook until the soup is hot (about 5 minutes).
- Kids still hungry? Go old school by pairing the tomato soup with a grilled-cheese sandwich (but update it with low-fat cheese on whole wheat bread).