All Star Chili Dogs
Just like from the ball park...except that you're at home and no one is paying you a darn dime to deliver chili dogs to their seats.
- Chili sauce
- ¾ lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 8 hot dogs, cooked according to package directions
- 8 hot dog buns, split and lightly toasted
- cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, brown beef and onions, breaking up beef into small pieces. Drain fat from skillet. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in tomato, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauces, chili powder, salt and pepper and sugar. Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place cooked hot dogs into toasted buns. Ladle 1/4 cup chili sauce over each hot dog. If desired, top with cheese.