Steak and Veggies Pesto
Whenever I'm having friends over for dinner, I make this recipe because it's easy, fast, fairly inexpensive, and doesn't require any indoor cooking (which means my kitchen stays clean!). Plus, everyone loves it... veggies and all.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 zuccini
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 pound whole button mushrooms
- 1 container (about 3/4 cup) of prepared, light pesto sauce (from the refridgerated pasta section)
- Chop all veggies into large chunks.
- Place veggies into a grill basket and place on medium-hot grill.
- Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes, shaking or stirring from time to time.
- Salt and pepper flank steak, add to grill. (Continue to cook veggies while steak cooks.)
- Cook steak about 6 minutes on each side until medium to medium-well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Place in large bowl.
- Pour cooked veggies on top of steak.
- Add pesto to steak and veggies and stir.
- Serve with warm garlic bread for a complete meal.