Bonnie's Bangin Chicken Scampi
This is my famous "We're having company for dinner" dish. It's my own recipe, and all measurements are approximate 'cuz I don't usually measure. This dish is sure to make your taste buds melt. Can be used for special occasions or just 'cause.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1 1/2 " pieces
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 package linguine
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lemon
- Heat skillet to medium.
- Add olive oil, garlic and green onion. Let simmer until you get a good aroma from skillet. Do not let the garlic turn brown and crispy.
- Immediately add chicken and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the chicken is just about ready to turn add parsley. Let simmer and turn chicken.
- Now is a good time to start the linguine, cook as directed on the package.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and add tomatoes. Let simmer until tomatoes become tender.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice on dish, let it simmer until the sauce has an orange color and tomatoes look wilted.
- Add chicken to the pasta, and waalaa ... chicken scampi.
- Garlic bread and a tad of sweet white wine go great with this meal. Be careful not to overcook the chicken - it's much better when the chicken is moist and juicy.