Grilled Lemon Chicken
Tangy citrus marinade gives plain old grilled chicken extra oomph.
- ½ cup ReaLemon lemon juice from concentrate
- ½ cup salad oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ tbsp salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1½ tsp Tabasco
- 1½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, but keep sauce warm for basting.
- Heat grill to medium-low heat. Place drumsticks on grill and baste thoroughly with sauce.
- Baste chicken frequently while grilling, mixing the sauce thoroughly before each basting. The more you baste the chicken, the more flavor it will have.
- Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through.
- You can use fresh lemon juice in the sauce, but for some reason, the concentrated stuff from the produce department gives this sauce the most flavor.
- The sauce can cause the skin of the chicken to char while grilling. Don't worry, even the burnt pieces are delicious with this recipe