Ham and Broccoli Pasta
One look at this colorful combination of ingredients, and the kids just might forget they're eating vegetables!
- 1 (16-oz) box small pasta, such as elbows
- 1 (10-oz) box frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 oz ham, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. About 3 minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccoli. Cook the additional 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Stir in the pasta with broccoli.
- Add the oil and Parmesan cheese and combine well. Salt and pepper to taste.