Think quiche is too frou-frou for your fam-fam? This dish is easy as pie—literally! In fact, call it "Hamburger Pie," and you'll have even your picky eaters asking for second helpings. Zoot alors!
- 1 pre-made 10'' pie crust, thawed but not cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2½-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Blend mayo, milk, eggs, and salt and pepper.
- Add beef, cheese, and onion (if desired) to the egg mixture.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake about 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean (the center of the quiche should look firm and set, not wobbly).
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
- This recipe is great for a breakfast buffet, should you need a winning dish to bring.
- You can use any type of grated cheese you like. Kids tend to prefer cheddar or jack, but for adults, try Swiss or Gruyere.