Put these two words together and you've got the ultimate in comfort cookin'.
- 1 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 (15¼-oz) cans beef broth
- 1 (28-oz) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 (12-oz) package sliced carrots
- 1 (1.25-lb) package refrigerated diced potatoes and onions
- In the bottom of a large pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion softens.
- Add the ground beef and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up the meat.
- Add the broth, water, tomatoes, pepper, thyme, carrots, and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the soup for about 20 minutes.
- Need a vegetarian option? Substitute the ground beef with non-meat crumbles and the beef broth with vegetable broth.
- For a nutrition boost, feel free to add a green vegetable. Spinach, broccoli, and green beans are excellent choices.