This dish has been called a one-pot wonder, but the only thing you'll wonder is why you waited so long to make it!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- ½ lb turkey kielbasa, cut in half, then sliced
- ½ lb fresh chicken breast tenders, snipped into 1-inch pieces with scissors
- 1 (14½-oz) can diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup raw instant brown rice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the kielbasa and chicken, and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, rice, and salt, stirring well to mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and rice is tender.