Angel Hair with Pesto, Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella
This simple dish brings out the best flavors of summer.
- ½ (16-oz) box angel hair pasta
- ½ cup refrigerated pesto
- 1 (14½-oz) can petite-cut diced tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella, drained and diced small
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the angel hair according to package directions.
- Before draining the pasta, dip a glass measuring cup into the cooking water and measure out ½ cup of the water; set aside.
- Drain and return pasta to the cooking pot.
- Add the pesto and some of reserved cooking water, a little at a time, tossing well until pasta is well-coated.
- Place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, tossing well to mix.
- Fresh mozzarella can be found â usually in a container of whey or water â in the international cheese section of your market. The fresh mozzarella has a very mild, delicate flavor compared with processed mozzarella cheese. A knife slides through it like butter, making it very easy to dice. Look for part skim for less fat or buffalo mozzarella for more flavor.