This dinnertime smash of pureed peas and cheese will be a monster hit with your pasta lover. (And you know how much we at Nick love ourselves some green slime, right?)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 2 tbsp butter
- Cooked pasta or rice
- Grated Parmesan or other hard cheese
- Place the peas, water, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside ½ cup of the peas.
- Put the remaining peas, half-and-half, and butter in a medium bowl and blend with a stick blender or use a stand blender. Purée until smooth.
- Fold the whole peas into the pea purée. Pour onto the warm pasta or rice. Serve with a dish of grated cheese and extra sauce for pouring or dipping.
- If your kids have an aversion to peas, make sure you make a smooth purée, and omit the whole ones.