Ravioli & Zucchini Soup
Filled pasta added to a delicately flavored soup turns it into a filling meal.
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (32-oz) container vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into ½-inch dice
- 2 (9-oz) packages refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring well to mix. Bring to a boil.
- Add the zucchini, stirring well to mix. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ravioli, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the ravioli are tender and float to the surface, about 10 minutes. Top individual servings with Parmesan cheese, if desired.