Slow Cook Turkey Sloppy Joes
What kid doesn't love the chance to get a little messy while eating!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 cheddar cheese slices (optional)
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey, drain, and place in the bottom of a 3½-quart, or larger, slow cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic to the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and basil, stirring well to mix. Pour sauce over turkey, stirring well to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Before serving, toast the hamburger buns, if desired.