A wholesome, filling lunch that kids can assemble by themselves—and they'll want to, because smashing things is what they do best!
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 ounce cream cheese, divided
- 2 slices tomato
- Toast the bread.
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit.
- Smash the avocado in a small bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese on each piece of toast.
- Spread the avocado on two pieces of the toast and top each with a slice of tomato.
- Top with the other slices, and you're set.
- For the more adventurous, sprinkle a few drops of Tabasco or other hot sauce on the tomatoes before topping off.