Chicken Tortilla Soup
Never tasted tortilla soup? Think of it as traditional chicken soup doing a spicy Latin dance number. Maybe we should call it Cha-Cha Chicken Soup!
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 rotisserie chicken, breast meat shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 (32-oz) container chicken broth
- 1 (14 ½-oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup crushed baked tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken, chili powder and cumin, stirring well to coat the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes to release the flavors.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice; top with tortilla chips.