Tracey Gold's Pasta Bake
All my kids love this when I make it. It's so simple and so delicious ... and my kids always clean their plates with this dish. Even my picky eater goes back for seconds. It's a miracle dish.
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pkg rotini pasta
- 1 pkg skim or 2 percent mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Brown ground turkey until cooked through.
- Add one onion (chopped) and cook until onions are soft.
- Stir in marinara sauce and sugar and cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Prepare rotini pasta according to package directions.
- Drain rotini, place in a large casserole dish and mix in the ground turkey mixture.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until very crisp.
- Serve with corn on the side.
- Add crushed tomatoes (with onions) if you want to make it a little more gourmet.
Besides being a mom, you might also know Tracey Gold from her role as Carol Seaver on the TV show Growing Pains.
- What else is on Tracey Gold's mind?
- Helping Your Kid Adjust to a New Bedroom
- Comfort Objects
- Letting Kids Be Kids