Tasty taquitos get an apple-cinnamon twist.
- 6 8- or 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 large apple (manzana)
- 1 cup applesauce
- Â¼ cup vegetable oil (aceite)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (canela)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dice the manzana on the cutting board. Mix the diced apple with the applesauce and canela in the medium bowl using the wooden spoon.
- Use the pastry brush to lightly coat both sides of the tortillas with aceite.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the manzana mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas to make a flute shape, then place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tortillas become crispy. Then remove them from the heat and let cool.
- Add Â½ cup raisins to the manzana mixture or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!