Fiesta Meat Loaf
Meat loaf goes south of the border. Olé!
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 1 packet of McCormick Mild Taco seasoning
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 ear of fresh corn cut off the cob
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (to taste)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 350°-375°.
- Place chopped onions and pepper in a bowl. Add the ground beef, corn, taco seasoning and egg.
- Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Divide into 3 equal portions and shape into loaves. Place in large cake pan or oven-safe baking dish to catch the grease runoff.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 1 hour or until the beef is cooked through (i.e., you don't see any pink).
- You thought we forgot the additional condiment? Um … no. Add a topping made from ¼-½ cup of low-fat sour cream and some of the chopped green onions and cilantro you've already prepared.
- Check out our Hispanic Heritage page for even more Hispanic Heritage content.