Mexican Flank Steak
Dinner's more fun when you call it a fiesta! (It's also more fun when you have a margarita, but sometimes "fiesta" just has to do.)
- ¼ cup bottled lime juice
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 (1-lb) flank steak
- Cooking spray
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the first 7 ingredients, shaking well to mix. Add the steak, turning to coat with the marinade.
- When ready to grill, coat grill rack with cooking spray. Prepare the grill to medium-high heat.
- Discard the marinade and grill steak for about 6 minutes on each side, or until desired done-ness.
- Remove steak to cutting board and let rest about 10 minutes. Slice steak diagonally across the grain before serving.
- Broiling is a quick and easy alternative to grilling. When you are ready to cook, preheat the broiler. On a foil-lined broiling pan, place the steak and broil on the highest oven rack for about 6 minutes on each side, or to desired done-ness, watching carefully for flare-ups.
- Adjust the seasonings to suit your family's taste. No lime juice? Substitute lemon juice for similar results.
- Check out our Hispanic Heritage page for even more Hispanic Heritage content.